Iman dramatically declared a fashion emergency on the first ep of Bravo’s The Fashion Show: Ultimate Collection. Well, the real emergency is that Bravo continues to commit network suicide with their efforts to replace Project Runway since its exodus to Lifetime.
It’s time for an intervention. You see no matter what they have tried to replace PR with, it’s been an utterly miserable and EPIC FAIL. The revamped version of TFS was supposed to be bigger, brasher and bolder than the original. *blankstare* Well!! It’s debatable whether it lived up to its billing but one thing is certain, it was a waste of my damn time. Continue Reading »
3 things I hated to love this week:
1. I was very much impressed with BET and the Black Girls Rock awards presentation. The show was produced very well. Has BET finally turned the corner and is ready to showcase us in a more positive light? Are they ready to be taken seriously as major network? Let’s give them around of applause for their efforts. The presenters were regal and there was no coonery; the honoree speeches were inspiring; and most of the music performances were exceptional. Especially the following featuring Kelly Price, Ledisi, Marsha Ambrosius and Jill Scott. And BET aired promos for their upcoming first run scripted series Let’s Stay Together and The Game that actually made me want to mark my calendar to watch the debuts. I guess there’s hope for them yet.
2. Loved Top Chef: Just Desserts‘ Morgan putting disco glitter queen Zac in his place after the childish and nonsensical rant he launched into at judges’ table about being fed up with Morgan because he didn’t show enough emotion whenever he won. HUH?? Morgan defended himself and shot back:
“It’s not part of my character to jump up and down and flail and sing show tunes. *mockingly dances* I don’t think it’s polite to jump up and down and say ‘I won!’ I would rather remain composed than freak out like a little girl.”
Cut to Zac’s reaction shot (which killed it): Zac was not pleased and looked to be effectively chastised. HeHates was in hysterics. *devilish laugh*
3. You know I love good reality tv confessional. Johnny Bananas of MTV’s Real World Road Rules Challenge: Cutthroat 2 is the most despised person on the show for an assortment of reasons I won’t get into and I hate the guy. However, he delivered the best confessional of the ep this week and it summed up everything I was feeling. “I can’t stand the bitch.” The look on his face just puts the biggest smile on my face.
Something foul and grotesque has upset Tracy Morgan and HeHates thinks he’s knows exactly what it is. Is it the unfortunate remake of classic R&B/Soul ballad Secret Garden by Usher, Tyrese, LL Cool J, Robin Thicke, Jermaine Dupri, Barry White and Tevin Campbell featured on Quincy Jones’ new album Q: Soul Bossa Nostra? Yes, yes, I thought so Tracy. Hehates understands completely. It’s taking every fiber of my being to suppress my Native American slapahoe roots and not go scalping. I’ve heard some awful remakes in my time but this craptastic fare ranks fairly high on the shitometer. Continue Reading »
3 things I hated to love this week:
1. God Bless Charlie Murphy! I know you’ve seen the clip right? I needed that laugh. Skip to the 1:05 mark and watch.
2. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but…I think I dig Cee-lo Green’s new album The Lady Killer. I am definitely not a Cee-lo convert. I still find his gospel-pop-r&b music fusion a bit unsettling at times and his singing style slightly abrasive but the album struck a chord. No One’s Gonna Love You More and Old Fashioned are my current faves.
3. Randy Moss getting released by the Minnesota Vikings this week after being released by the New Patriots just 4 weeks ago. You have to be doing a whole lot of shit right to be a superstar player and suffer that embarrassment twice in one season because folks quickly grow tired of your antics. Wow! Good job! And the press conference he gave Sunday evening’s game? GENIUS!!!
Press conference excerpt:
Well, I’m going to go ahead and start this thing off. I’m going to go ahead and say this. I feel like I said something a couple of weeks ago. Look, I got fined 25,000 dollars for not talking to you all, and me personally, I really don’t care. But at the same time, I do … answer questions throughout the week, and for the league to fine me 25,000 dollars — I’m not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it’s going to be an interview, I’m going to conduct it. So, I’ll answer my own questions, ask myself the questions and then give you all the answers. So, from here on out, I’m not answering any more questions for the rest of this season.
A week ago, a friend asked my opinion of gospel singer Deitrick Haddon. At the time, I recalled owning a CD of his several years ago but I hadn’t kept up with him through the years so I didn’t have much to say other than Meh!. I decided to go on an expedition to better understand why my friend’s nose was turned up in the air. A quick go.ogle search of his name yielded results that included a recently released gospeltainment film called Blessed & Cursed. Immediately, my interest was piqued. What could this be about? I’ll just have to see.
A friend once told me there’d far be less accidents if people stayed in their own lane and honestly I couldn’t agree more. There are far too many hapless morons out there causing horrific accidents in the name of art ’cause they’ve steered into the wrong lane. Sadly, most, if not all, of these twits have driven into the wrong lane intentionally. It’s pathetic. Well, let me tell you something you may not know, when a non-actor steers into my lane and the result is an disastrous hit and run accident, it pisses me the fuck off and I have to stand up and cry FOUL.
Blessed & Cursed was a catastrophe on every front. The story, the writing and the acting were all bunk. Oh gawd I laughed throughout and the film’s not even a comedy. The movie makers attempted to tell the story of a modern day David and his struggles with Saul. Yea, about that………..FAIL!! Honestly, I wouldn’t force my worst enemy to sit through a viewing of that trash. It’s so unfortunate that many in the ministry not only feel it’s acceptable to sell the saints less than stellar goods but expect a pat on the back for their efforts because it was created in the name of the lord. Uhm, no. I call bullshit. Gospel and Gospeltainment community listen up, get your shit together and hire professionals. Yea, that means actually paying people to work and quit working your relationships to get freebies. Continue Reading »